Join us for our Thanksgiving Potluck on Sunday October 13, 2019 after service. If you would like to bring a dish, please sign-up here. If you are a guest, feel welcome to join us and share in our meal.
Join us for our annual Welcome BBQ and Ministry Fair on Sunday September 8, 2019 after service. Come get connected and see how you can get involved in our community.
We are delighted to inform you that our next Outdoor Service and Potluck will be on August 18th at 11am ET at Parc Angrignon.
We are expecting about 40+ attendees. Ergo, kindly ask your team to prepare adequate food portions, if possible. The deadline for submitting the allocations will be August 15th at 5pm ET.
If you are a guest, please feel welcome to show up and share our picnic with us. If you are part of the GMC church, below is a summary of the duty allocations and also here is the signup sheet.
Side dishes/Appetizers (Pastor Chris’ group)
Side dishes /Appetizers (Phil’s group)
Desserts (Jon’s group)
Please contact Diana for more information.
Shaded circle shown on the map attached. To best describe where it is, it’s right across from the washrooms. If you get lost, simply ask people where the washroom is and you should be able to find us (we’ll be a large group of people so it should be easy to spot!)
By metro: Angrignon station on green line (final stop). You can either join the people at the metro station at 10:45am to go to the meeting point together, or simply follow the map.By car: Various parking options are available; see “P” in the map. The paid parking is right across from the metro station, and it’s probably closer to where we meet. Parking fee is probably around $8 for the day. If you decide to park there, take the Boulevard des Trinitaires entrance (where you can see the metro sign). There is also a free parking lot (gravel ground) and is located at the de la Verendrye entrance. See map to get to the meeting location. Street parking is also available; see map for details.
*bring fun games that we can play together e.g. frisbees, soccer balls, water guns etc
*You can contact Diana at 514 8062028 if you have any questions or get lost.
Just a reminder that there is a Finance meeting this coming Sunday immediately after service. At this meeting, there will also be updates about leadership changes that are taking place this year.
Also, this Saturday, Shuyun is organizing a soccer game for the older kids and youth. Please contact her for details.
Have a great rest of the week!
Here are some announcements for this week:
– Membership classes are happening on Sunday after service. Please contact Pastor Chris if you are interested.
– Mother’s Day: We have some GMC members offering to babysit so that moms and dads can have a Saturday evening off this coming Saturday, May 11th from 17:00 – 20:00 at GMC.
We are having a pyjama party + movie night with the kids. We are planning on building a fort and get comfortable so feel free to bring blankets and pillows!
We will have pizza and popcorn, but please let me know if your child/children has any dietary restrictions. Please contact Shuyun for details.
– Finance and congregational meeting will be coming up later in May: there were be a few announcements regarding leadership change. We will keep you posted!
Join our GMC community for worship and celebration this Easter!
Good Friday Service
April 19, 2019 at 7 pm, Grace Montreal Church
This will be a time of reflection and prayer as we meditate on the stations of the cross. Please note that no snacks will be provided out of consideration to those who are fasting.
Easter Sunrise Service
We will meet on Mont-Royal to welcome the beautiful Easter sunrise and worship together! The sunrise on Easter morning will be at 5:59 am so we will meet at 5:40 am at the lookout of the Chalet du Mont-Royal. If you would like to join a walking group, there will be two meeting points to walk up the mountain together:
- Church steps of Grace Montreal Church at 4:50 am (contact SungWon Ryu: firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Corner of Doctor Penfield and Peel 5:15 am (contact Phoebe Phua: email@example.com)
Remember to bring a flashlight, warm clothes, and water. Feel free to invite your friends and get together for brunch after the sunrise service.
Easter Service and Potluck
Invite your family and friends to join in our Easter worship service and celebration! A potluck will follow afterwards. Please sign-up for the potluck by April 19, 2019 on the link below:
If you are part of a small group, please contact your SG leaders for suggested potluck dishes and set-up/clean-up tasks.
Diana & Mel
1) Women’s ministry this Sunday (Feb 10) after service – contact Melody Ng or Andrea Zoellner for details.
2) Newcomer’s lunch on Feb 17th after service at church – for those that have joined GMC in the last 6 months.
3) Our sermon discussion groups are expanding – we will be having Korean and Spanish groups (and other languages as needed, on top of our English group) after service – contact SungWon Ryu if you are interested in helping.
4) Click below to see an email we received about housing. Contact Chris Lee or Jonathan Lai if you would like more details.
Please note service is canceled today, January 20, 2019. Have a blessed Sunday.